THE SMART CARD CLUB
Founded in 1993 by Richard Poynder, The Smart Card Club is a professional association of over 60 member organisations, which has rapidly established itself as the premier forum for education, debate and promotion of all aspects of smart technology and related, standards, applications and schemes.
- To promote the adoption of smart technology where relevant, under suitable standards
- To educate members as to the latest technology, standards and applications
- To learn of smart technology applications and developments globally
- To enable scheme operators to meet suppliers, in a non-sales environment.
- Meetings are of a full day's duration, with highly qualified session leaders
- Access to (and where relevant, entry into) the Smart Card Supplier Directory
- Up-to-date smart card, M2M and RFID-related news through our daily newsletter emailed newsfeed SmartExpress
- Standards documentation
- Product and company information
- Workshops and training events
- Global memberships for all associated affiliates and societies world-wide
- Independent consultancy service
- 'SmartexMoves' smart card-based recruitment service
- Hot-line support from the Club offices
- Website services for all member organisations - including receipt of all meeting presentations
Amongst the topics and activities that we shall be addressing in 2012 are:
- Inclusion at each meeting of summaries of activities in other Smartex Forums
- Provision of forecasts for the smart technology market over the next 5 years
- Public sector and local government smart projects and plans
- Healthcare smart schemes and products
- RFID tag applications and technologies
- Innovative RFID tag applications: passenger tracking, journey mapping, etc.
- Comparison of tags and contactless cards from a regulatory perspective
- Biometric applications and technologies as replacement verification methods
- Life after the ID card and effect on citizens' card schemes
- M2M: the technology, pace, market potential and likely impact
- Emerging smart standards and other international specifications
- Loyalty applications across retail and financial sectors
- Case studies, including user feedback of experiences with products and services
- Development of the financial business case and funding issues/solutions for a scheme
- End-of-year summary of Smartex Forum progress and activities.
Club membership is open to all companies, organisations and individuals interested in or concerned with smart cards and related technology, whether as suppliers, advisers, consultants, existing or potential scheme operators or end users. There are several levels of membership available, dependent upon the degree of involvement or interest in the technology and its applications. For full information on The Club, please visit Membership Information
In addition to its UK activities, The Club has successfully formed a number of associated groups, based in key centres such as Southern Africa, Central Eastern Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Workshops / Training
The Club holds regular intensive workshops to introduce and explain smart card technology, its applications and implementation. Delegates receive an in-depth practical understanding of the issues relating to smart cards, and receive guidance and practical help in how to develop implementation programs. For full information on our Workshops, please see Smart Card Workshop.
For further information contact Richard Poynder on +44 (0)1440 712610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the web sites that may, from time to time, be linked to this site and the use of any feed from a third party web site should not be taken as our endorsement of that web site. Your use of such a website is at your sole risk"